Registers and bodies that regulate medical professionals
Search medical professional registers and public bodies to ensure your health professional has the necessary accreditations to support you.
- General Medical Council: The General Medical Council (GMC) regulates doctors.
- Health & Care Professions Council: The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulates health, psychological and other allied health professionals.
- Nursing & Midwifery Council: Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Islands, and nursing associates in England.
- General Osteopathic Council: General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) regulates the practice of osteopathy in the United Kingdom. By law, osteopaths must be registered with us in order to practise.
- General Optical Council: The General Optical Council (GOC) regulates the optical professions in the UK.
- General Dental Council: The General Dental Council (GDC) regulates dental professionals in the United Kingdom.
- General Pharmaceutical Council: The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy premises in Great Britain.
- Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland: The Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI) is the regulatory and professional body for pharmacists in Northern Ireland.
- General Chiropractic Council: The General Chiropractic Council is an organisation that regulates chiropractors in the United Kingdom. They set standards, hold a register, provide quality assurance education, and investigate complaints.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and inclusion does not imply any endorsement by Psychotherapy Resources or associated parties. See the full disclaimer here.